Friday, May 27, 2016

Keymer grave

Seeing the grave of my Keymer ancestors was very special. If it wasn't for them I would not be here!

In this grave lies my great great grandparents, William and Mary Keymer. This grave also contains my great great great grandfather, William Keymer Snr and my great great great grandmother, Mary Ann Smith.

It was sad to see the grave looking so broken up, and it isn't very well labeled, but at least it is recognizable to those who know what to look for. Perhaps oneday, the descendants of William & Mary Keymer will band together to tidy the grave up a bit, and put up a new gravestone with names and dates. 

The Keymer grave, Purewa Cemetery, Auckland
(Photo by K Bland 2016)

The grave of William and Mary Keymer and William's father, 
William Keymer Snr, and Mary's mother, Mary Ann Smith.
(Photo by K Bland 2016)

The Keymer grave marker.
(Photo by K Bland 2016)



No comments:

Post a Comment